Friends and Clients,
Life in 2020 has been full of unanticipated and difficult changes. Depending on an endless combination of unique circumstances, the way we individually consider how to mitigate risk going forward is going to be different for each of us and no two responses will be exactly the same.
At this time, massage therapy is a MEDIUM to ELEVATED RISK activity for both of us. There is currently no public health advice that suggests eliminating social distancing in a small space with someone outside of your household for a prolonged amount of time is safe or low risk.
Our Mutual Responsibility
It has always been important that I do a thorough health check with each client before a session not only because I want to help you, but just as importantly, I don’t want to harm you. But now, in light of Covid-19, as we enter a session together it is under a mutual pledge not to harm each other and as you have entrusted me with your care, now I also place my trust in you. Please take my health as seriously as your own.
I have invested hundreds of dollars preparing everything from the highest quality disinfectant for surfaces, and a HEPA air filtration system, to additional linens so each client has a 100% fresh table, and even switching to a different room with better ventilation and changing the order of the massage it self to give us a little more distance. These and many other adaptations have been put in place for your safety and mine.
See the prescreen questions here. It is my policy at this time to send a prescreen text before each appointment for a health check and risk assessment. We'll be assessing if sharing an enclosed room with limited ventilation for an extended amount of time, completely absent of social distancing, the best situation it can be for both of us? I'm happy to offer you outdoor chair massage as a lower risk alternative.
Sessions will be rescheduled if you have:
• Received a positive Covid-19 diagnosis, and not yet received 2 consecutive negative tests.
• Had a fever of 100°F or above, any respiratory or flu symptoms, sore throat, or shortness of breath in the 48 hours previous to your appointment.
• Been in close contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or has Covid-19 type symptoms.
• Been in close contact with anyone who has spent an extended amount of time at an outbreak hot spot.
• Been visiting or working in indoor public spaces without a mask and unable to maintain social distance of 6 ft.
Summary of Additional New Policies
These new policies are adapted from the recommendations from Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, and the CDC.
Cancellations: Amid the ongoing uncertainty of Covid-19, I have modified my cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility and I hope this will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, and especially if you are not feeling well, I understand and request for you to please contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. To further support you, there will be no penalties for cancellations.
Health Information & Informed Consent: Expect to fill out this form at your first session Preview the form here.
Before, During and After Your Session
You may also look at the health protocols for clients from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- Expect a text day before your session for a health check in.
- It is advisable to shower before you arrive if possible.
- Please wait in your car or outside on the patio as we are trying to limit people in the waiting area. I'll text when you may enter the building.
- Please wear a mask at all times while inside. A medical mask will be provided to you if your cloth mask is not sufficiently snug fitting.
- Water is available, but you may prefer to bring your own.
- All conversation must be kept to an absolute minimum in the treatment room itself, but we can talk at a safe distance before and after the session in the reception area.
- You may make contactless payment with Venmo or PayPal.
- PLEASE contact me if you have any onset of symptoms in the 14 days after your appointment.